Hello dudes and dudettes of JavaRanch...
I passed my OCPJP 1z0-851 exam today with a good percentage(86 %).
It had 60 questions and time given to complete was 150 minutes(much more than required).
For people who are worried about how their exam will be, Please DON'T !!
I didn't know anything about java a month ago (I promise!!), If you're really sincere in getting your certification, do the following....
1. Yes, the standard book- SCJP by KATHY SIERRA (The Best...) := Please go through the 2 minute drills, exam watch, and the self tests !!
2. If you can't figure out why a given answer is wrong in a practice question, PLEASE RUN THE PROGRAM YOURSELF and see how the error or Exception or Compilation fail or output occurs.
3. PLEASE NEVER EVER EVER EVER take a mock test on the day of your exam....
4. In the exam, always go through all the options atleast once !
5. (optional, my favorite) NEVER review answers which you figured out the first time... only review marked questions (ie the answers you couldn't figure out the first time)
And now i'm a happy man(I'm only 22!) entering 2012 as a Java Professional