I would like to share a good news that I cleared my OCA exam in my first attempt with 81%. it has not been very smooth journey for me on mock tests thought. I failed initial tests from enthuware (later scored really high after correcting/improving my test taking skills).
I read These 2 books:
1. OCA: Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide: Exam 1Z0-808 1st Edition
2. OCA/OCP Java SE 7 Programmer I & II Study Guide (Exams 1Z0-803 & 1Z0-804) (Certification Press) 1st Edition
I gave all sectional tests. scored close to 75% in them.
didnt gave complete OCA test came with books.
1. ENTHUWARE Mock tests
JA+ V8 for Oracle Certified Associate - Java SE8 Programmer I
I gave 4 of them scores were 60% (Morning), 66% (evening), 70%(after a day of revision - morning ), 81% (next day morning).
After tests, I Followed each and every question to check if my reasoning was right or not and why an answer is right.
then Took a day of break from everything and just kept on revising concepts in my minds.
Gave the exam today, cleared with 81% (exact same as that of my last 4th enthuware test score ;)
1. learn concepts from Kathy siera & bert bates book, this book is solid. Then just tested my understanding with the other books but some concepts like final variable initialization and use of _ in number , topics like these have been very clearly mentioned in Jeanny's book.
2. Enthuware exams are tough related to actual OCA exams, so if you dont score more in enthuware dont feel bad just correct your concepts on questions you got wrong.
3. I got 3 questions exactly the same as that I encountered in enthuware mock exams.
Thanks much for this forum and contributors for all the knowledge sharing.
NEXT IS OCP for me:)