Tim Holloway wrote:To be fair, StackOverflow has realized that they have developed an image problem and has been moving to address it.
Stack Overflow wrote:Our new Code of Conduct came from numerous conversations with the Stack Exchange community. Together, you helped create a code that reinforces our commitment to mutual respect and kindness. Take a moment to read our newly updated Code of Conduct.
Here are some highlights:
- If you’re here to get help, make it as easy as possible for others to help you. Follow our guidelines and remember that our community is made possible by volunteers.
- If you’re here to help others, be patient and welcoming. Offer support if you see someone struggling or otherwise in need of help.
- Be clear and constructive when giving feedback, and be open when receiving it. Edits, comments, and suggestions are healthy parts of our community.
- Be kind and avoid sarcasm—tone is hard to decipher online. If a situation makes it hard to act kindly, stop participating and move on.
- Flag harmful behavior, whether it’s directed at you or others. It’ll notify moderators or automatically delete the post.