I am very happy to let you all know that I have cleared the SCWCD exam with 93 %. I am a silent visitor of Java Ranch website all these days and it really helped me a lot for the preparation of the exam. I do not have any working experience working with Jsp's or Servlets. I have been reading for the exam from the past two months studying about 1 hr a day but from the past two weeks I have started seriously working for the Exam. This is how I prepared for the Exam:
1. One complete reading of More Servlets and Jsp's
2. One Complete reading of Servlet and Jsp specifications
3. One complete reading of SCWCD Study Guide by Hanumant Deshmukh
4. Read all the notes from the Java Ranch Links page including Alx Dark's notes and Velmurugan's notes
5. Did the mock exams in JWEBPLUS along with Java Ranch mock exam and Anand Chawla's exam.
I got a lot of questions on tag libraries and disributed web applications. The questions I got on Session Management and Security, and thread safe servlets are very tricky. There are a few confusing questions overall and other than that, there are many direct and straight forward questions.
When I was taking the exam, I was confident enough that I would pass the exam, but I have not expected a score of 93 % which really made me very happy.
Thanks a lot for all your support through out my preparation.