I passed JEE6 Web component developer exam (1Z0-899) with 84% this week and want to let you know about certain changes in exam:
1. Passing score is now 61% (was 64%).
2. Time is reduced from 140 to 120 minutes.
Now about the exam preparation:
1. I read HFJS and Charles Lyons book once, then went straight to Enthuware exams. Did 5 of them, scoring on average 68%. Did 1 test per day, reviewing what I did wrong and re-reading HFJS. The rest of mock exams I did avarage 70% with last day test 86%.
2. Note that I did Enthuware exams very quickly (40-50 minutes) and did a lot of stupid mistakes
3. Did Piotr Nowicki mock exam (thanks Piotr).
It took me about a month to prepare and I'm glad I did 84% since I didn't care about result (my employer wanted me to pass it).
Exam itself had some tricky questions and in my opinion was a bit more difficult than Enthuware. Did it in 90 minutes and took my time to review the answers.
I didn't know results right away. They were e-mailed to me (gave me a link to Certview result page).
All in all, it was a good experience and I'm glad i took my time to get certified.
I would like to thank this forum for provided info!
Best of luck for other test takes.