Charles O'Leary

Ranch Hand
+ Follow
since Jul 10, 2014
Cows and Likes
Cows
Total received
5
In last 30 days
0
Total given
0
Likes
Total received
42
Received in last 30 days
5
Total given
12
Given in last 30 days
1
Forums and Threads
Scavenger Hunt
expand Ranch Hand Scavenger Hunt
expand Greenhorn Scavenger Hunt

Recent posts by Charles O'Leary

Ivana Kilibarda wrote:What is the trick here, is it "support" and "allows" words?

I am very confused if I should expect something like this on real exam and what is percentage of these theoretical questions?

Any clarification is appreciated, thank you

Welcome to the Ranch!  

You don't sound confused at all.  I will not attempt to answer your question directly since I'm pretty sure someone else will.  But, I do want to remind you that the real exam tells you how many answers are correct for each question.  That within itself, may help for some questions.  To your point, there will likely be other "theoretical questions" where you give it your best shot and just have to move on to the next question before time runs out.
Welcome to the Ranch!

The compiler does not execute any code.  It is reasonable to have a class without a main at all.  At runtime, the JVM does not see a valid class to execute without the "magic words"    

Veena Pointi wrote:
Answer is Immediately after line 10.

But shouldn't the answer be after line 4?


The answer seems correct to me.

Veena Pointi wrote:
Because temp is local variable and local variables go out of scope after method exits
Veena


Indeed

Veena Pointi wrote:
becoming eligible for garbage collection.

Thanks,
Veena

This happens immediately after line 10 for the String object instantiated on line 3 because there will no longer be any references to it then.  Specifically, at the aforementioned method exit, the String reference is returned, assigned to the result String reference, printed, and after line 10 since the code no longer references  the String object instantiated on line 3, then the String object instantiated on line 3 becomes eligible for garbage collection.

Does that help?

Veena Pointi wrote:Hello,

I am not able to find 3 practice tests that sybex book OCA  Study Guide by Jeane Boyarsky and Scott Selikoff promises . Can someone please help me find where they are located? They not inside the book.On the link that they mentioned,they only have flash cards and quizes.

Thanks,
Veena



Did you look here?

If it's not showing for you, it may be time to call Technical Support 877-762-2974 (Option 2).  

Campbell Ritchie wrote:CO'L: did you realise that the link you posted here had lots of information connecting it back to you? I have deleted that information from your post so people can read those FAQ without Oracle thinking you have opened the same link 83745634562934534 times.

I did not realize that.  My sincerest apologies to all Ranchers and to Oracle.  Thank you Campbell for correcting this information.
Best wishes in your preparation.  If you haven't seen it already, here is the link to the (Exam 1Z0-808) Ocajp Faq

Paul Anilprem wrote:No, there is no difference. You will get the same OCP Java SE11 Developer certification through either of the paths.


Thanks Paul.  What I should have written (but my provided link outlined) is that the "816 drive" is different from the "817 drive" on the way to the (same) OCP Java SE11 Developer certification destination, particularly when one is "not keen on paying for 2 exams & get 1 certificate".

Bhanu Prakash Badiginchala wrote:My question is whether I can get take 1z0-808 now and then 1z0-817?

Or is 1z0-817 route is only for people who already cleared 1z0-808?

Please don't overlook the upgrade link that I have previously provided.

Bhanu Prakash Badiginchala wrote:Is there any difference in the certification we receive from the direct route 816 and upgrade route 817?

Yes.  Here is everything you need to know.
Welcome to the Ranch!

Whatever works for you.

Bhanu Prakash Badiginchala wrote:As much as I'd like to get the latest OCP 11 certification, I'm not keen on paying for 2 exams & get 1 certificate.



For people like us, we possibly want to start with the OCA 8 and then look to upgrade.

Please be advised however:

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:It's too early for there to be much study material for the Java 11 exam. I recommend taking the OCA 8 at this time.

If you do choose to take the Java 11 part 1 , see the objectives mapping. You'll need to know teh OCA 8 material perfectly and in way more detail. And then study the new topics on your own.

My pleasure.  Best wishes in your preparation.

Jeanne Boyarsky wrote:It's too early for there to be much study material for the Java 11 exam. I recommend taking the OCA 8 at this time.

If you do choose to take the Java 11 part 1 , see the objectives mapping. You'll need to know teh OCA 8 material perfectly and in way more detail. And then study the new topics on your own.



OCAJP 8 FAQ
Hiya,

The key is what makes an (inheriting) subclass concrete?  A lack of undefined methods makes a subclass concrete.  Option B has a laser focus on defining only the undefined methods.  Whereas Option C blindly assumes that even if undefined methods were defined in one or more middle classes, that these undefined methods would still need to be again redefined for an (inheriting) concrete subclass.  This would not make sense of course, because once a method has initially been defined, then that method is no longer abstract because the method is no longer undefined.

I hope that helps,
Charles

Aleana Cologne wrote:Hi @ all
Thank you so much for helping me out with that Topic and I got the Point now


Thanks again Aleana for highlighting this canned gotcha!  Indeed, according to Oracle

RuntimeException is the superclass of those exceptions that  can be thrown during the normal operation of the Java Virtual Machine.