I finally take the OCA8 exam on 29 November 2016, after twelve months of preparation. This lasted so long than I excepted because of busy working times.
I'm PHP developer and Java is not a part of my daily work, so no hands-on exprience. I had to give break so many times. Then start again from beginning. This was very boring.
My main study materials are Oracle Certified Associate Java SE 8 Programmer I Study Guide by Scott Selikoff, Jeanne Boyarsky and Enthuware prep kit. Both of them were very helpful.
Also I solved the questions almost all of the OCA book, thanks to the Safari Books Online.
My mock exam scores:
- Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates OCA-OCP7 - 1: 70%
- Kathy Sierra, Bert Bates OCA-OCP7 - 2: 75%
- Scott Selikoff, Jeanne Boyarsky OCA8 - 1: ~81% (I didn't counted wrong questions for these three exam)
- Scott Selikoff, Jeanne Boyarsky OCA8 - 2: ~81%
- Scott Selikoff, Jeanne Boyarsky OCA8 - 3: ~81%
- Enthuware - Foundation: 87%
- Enthuware - 1: 81%
- Enthuware - 2: 88%
- Enthuware - 3: 79%
- Enthuware - 4: 95%
- Enthuware - 5: 84%
- Enthuware - 6: 88%
- Enthuware - Last Day: 95%
Real exam score is 97%. Real exam was easy compared to all those mock exams. As Enthuware prep kit said, If you can managed to pass those mock exams, you will pass the real exam with flying colors.
I want to thank you all ranchers for their help to getting inside of Java world.
Thanks for reading,