Shouldn't this be "DID the exam" ? Oh whatever...
- It wasn't too hard (I had very little J2ME experience, studied for about a week)
- Most of the drag and drop questions were pretty easy (ex: snippets of code to complete, what class belongs to J2SE, CLDL or both, etc). Got one that refered Personal Basis Profile (that's CDC), out of scope I think!
- Found a couple of bugs. For instance, on one question they had a DataOutputStream that surely was supposed to be a ByteArrayOutputStream (even the variable name was bao
). Some weird looking sentences too (missing words, etc). Wrote comments on all of those.
- Some (not many) questions demand that you know the exact name of a method, and have tricky options (ex: addXXX or setXXX ?).
- Most high-level UI questions were not too detailed API-wise (thank god!
- 12 Game questions (my weakest topic), some related to performance issues.
- Quite a few questions regarding MIDlet suite discovery, instalation, update and removal.
The duration is the hardest part! After 3 hours I really started paying less atention to questions (not good). My advice is, mark questions from your weakest topics and get back to them in the end. Do as many questions as you can in the first 2 hours, while you're "fresh".
Good luck to everybody