Help coderanch get a
new server
by contributing to the fundraiser

kundi kx

+ Follow
since Feb 03, 2003
Merit badge: grant badges
For More
Cows and Likes
Total received
In last 30 days
Total given
Total received
Received in last 30 days
Total given
Given in last 30 days
Forums and Threads
Scavenger Hunt
expand Ranch Hand Scavenger Hunt
expand Greenhorn Scavenger Hunt

Recent posts by kundi kx

I programmed a Java application that read from data files and update Database through JDBC-ODBC.
Normally it was quite slow, 200 insert/delete takes about 50 seconds. Might have been low resource on my system. But no matter if I close all other application, it still run roughly 50 second, +/- 5 sec.
I didn't close the application and left over-night. Now I run the same 200 insert/delete testing operation set again, 2 seconds! repeatedly 2 second. What is going on?!?!
I think Battist may be right.
Print out the string fetched and decide your action from there.
System.out.println("User_ID = '"+rt.getString("User_ID") +"'");
[ February 19, 2003: Message edited by: kundi kx ]
CHeck and see if your Database server has a SQL console you can use, and try your SQL there.
The second Exception message looks funny. Here is a link of discussion on how new SP fixed a "No More data" Exception.
Hope it can shed some light. Let us know if it helps.
I think your question is close to mine. So if anyone could answer yours, I would get a lot of tips also.
Basically I am looking for set rules, guidelines, or existing lib for writing XML/SOAP parser, which might deal with non-standard SOAP with attachments also.
Sorry that it's not a reply
21 years ago
May be a classpath problem. Make sure the necessary jar is in your classpath.
Tomcat load library classes on start. So if you have your class or jar in common/lib, Tomcat won't reference it until restart.
It may explain your case, but just a shot.
21 years ago
Hi all,

I am looking for some guidelines/rules for building SOAP/ebXML client. More specifically through https, and ebXML with MIME attachment.
I would appreciate advices or links to existing discussions or webpages.
21 years ago
I am not wasting your time for a syntax error correction. I have run out of clues on this problem.
The error comes from within a bean method, when the method is called by a jsp search page within some specific search terms.
The bean method works fine with most of the search terms, displaying a number of matching record. (The search term is parsed to give the matching pattern of an sql - "... name like '<search term>%' ... ".) It works fine in most cases. But when I tried to match a 'G%', it failed and gave me "Invalid Cursor State" error _after_ outputing 5 matching records, halting on the 6th record. I have also tested my bean sql statement with this special 'G%' case within Pervasive SQL Executor with no error.

The above information is how far I get with my investigation. SQLWarning didn't give me anything. I am using Pervasive, through JDBC/ODBC. Also using Tomcat 4.1.18, jdk1.4.
The error is inconsistent in the sense that not all search term causes it. But it is very consistent to give error whenever I search by this G term, and also stop on the 6th record. And that 6th record seemed normal when I looked at it from Pervasive SQL console.

Someone please point at some rocks I could flip to find this bug.