The Collections Framework has been enhanced in the following ways:
* Three new language features are targeted at collections: Generics, Enhanced for Loop, and Autoboxing.
* Three new interfaces have been added to the framework (two of which are part of java.util.concurrent): Queue, BlockingQueue, and ConcurrentMap.
* Two concrete implementations of Queue have been added, as well as one skeletal implementation.
* Five blocking queue implementations have been added, and one ConcurrentMap implementation.
* Special-purpose Map and Set implementations are provided for use with typesafe enums.
* Special-purpose copy-on-write List and Set implementations have been added.
* Wrapper implementations are provided to add dynamic type-safety for most collection interfaces.
* Several new algorithms are provided for manipulating collections.
* Methods are provided to compute hash codes and string representations for arrays.