* Introduction to Agile Java Development (runtime/development technologies, POJO-only design, etc.) (optional)
* Process - XP+AMDD software development process (business requirements for a sample app)
* Modeling - XP+AMDD based architecture and design modeling (optional)
* Environment - JDK, Ant, JUnit, test first, etc.
* Persistence - Hibernate (overview of ORM, DDL, getting/saving/deleting records, criteria queries, associations, etc.)
* Inversion of Control - Overview of the Spring Framework (spring packaging, modules, benefits, fundamental concepts, sub-projects)
* Web Framework - The Spring Web MVC Framework (controllers, command objects, validator, views, handler interceptors, etc.)
* IDE - The Eclipse Phenomenon (SDK, JDT, WTP, Spring IDE, Hibernate plug-in, etc.)
* Logging, Debugging, Monitoring, and Profiling - commons logging, log4j, JDK logging, Eclipse/Firefox based debugging, JMX monitoring, etc.
* Beyond The Basics - Spring JMX, email, schedule jobs, Hibernate, JUnit, JDK 5.0, exception handling, declarative transaction management, etc.
For details, please visit https://hkjug.dev.java.net/gatherings/2006/0520.html