* My system is mainly in legacy Java, it has a 3-GL touch-and-feel to it and urgently needs to have a modern UI and graphs added to it.
* It accesses a cloud mySQL, updates the db or download data from it using sprocs.
* The data can be hundreds of records displayed line-by-line, they should be displayed in table format
* They must also be graphed in XY-, bar- or pie-charts, or combinations thereof
Using helpful inputs from you, I have replaced the 3GL logon with FX, replaced the 3GL menu with the file-menu and submenu and I have no further issues with scenes, nodes and nodes-in-nodes. The UI begins to look friendly.
* I can download the data and put them into a JSON array, and from there to any convenient array, but as of today, I still cannot display the downloaded data in FX's table views, text fields etc.
* Using the codes upstairs, in the first posting, how would I display the values for chassisColor and mobilePhone in FX? Using Java would be simple...
Am doing research using APress'es "Pro JavaFX9" by Vox, Chin, Gao et al.
I am not coming up to speed in FX as fast as I would like