I am trying to set up my environment to do the java tutorial on servlets. I have done the following:
1. downloaded, unzipped and installed tomcat 3.2 & apache
2. downloaded the mod_jk.dll and put it in apache module directory
3. changed my classpath to include the servlets.jar
4. set environment variables for TOMCAT_HOME & JAVA_HOME in autoexec:
5. in httpd.conf - Include \jakarta\tomcat\conf\mod_jk.conf-auto
then I try to run by:
1. start tomcat - works.
2. start apache - says mod_jk running or similar.
3. enter http://localhost:8080/bookstore
(bookstore.war in webapps dir of tomcat)
4. I get to the bookstore.html page and trouble begins.
If apache is running I get a 404 error trying to "start shopping" which I think starts the catalog servlet.
If apache is not running and tomcat is doing the work, the page comes up but after a long time, and tomcat window logs an IOException ( Socket write error ).
It might be worth noting also, that tomcat is the homepage even when apache is running, I don't know if that is right or not?
Has anyone run into similar problem? I searched java.sun but all requests like this receive 0 reply.
thanks in advance.