T h e . C o d e R a n c h . J o u r n a l - O c t o b e r . 2 0 1 7 . E d i t i o n
Howdy from all the CodeRanch
staff, and welcome to the October edition of the CodeRanch
W h a t ' s . N e w?
* New Forum Categories: "IDEs", "Build Tools", "Paradigms"
* Let's congratulate Dave on his promotion to Rancher
I n t e r e s t i n g . C o d e R a n c h . F o r u m . P o s t s
* Wanna learn Method References ?
* Question to Pierre-Yves Saumont
* Functional Programming in Java: why do I had to change toward functional programming?
B l o g . E n t r i e s . F r o m . S t a f f
* Jeanne was blogging live from JavaOne
B o o k . P r o m o t i o n s
There's a book (or software) promotion just about every week at CodeRanch. Just ask a question in the appropriate forum and you're eligible to win a copy of the book.
We've got some promotions coming up. Check the book promo schedule
Our recent book promotions and their winners can be found below:
* Head First Agile
* Kotlin in Action
* Head First Android Development
* Functional Programming in Java: How functional techniques improve your Java programs
Some upcoming ones are:
* Docker Management Design Patterns
: Swarm Mode on Amazon Web Services - Deepak Vohra
9 Modularity: Patterns and Practices for Developing Maintainable Applications - Sander Mak & Paul Bakker
B o o k . R e v i e w s
We have a dedicated forum for book reviews
. Please check out the latest reviews (also available on our book review grid: Book-Review-Grid
T h e . M o o s e . o n . S o c i a l
announces latest news/developments frequently on our social media outlets. You can find us at:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/coderanchGoogle+ - https://plus.google.com/u/0/106524236675991550426Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/coderanch
Follow / Like us so you don't miss a thing.
A b o u t . T h e . E d i t o r
Frits Walraven has been a member of CodeRanch
since 2010, a Bartender since 2013 and a Saloon Keeper since 2015.
S u g g e s t i o n s / F e e d b a c k
If you have any feedback on this month's journal then feel free to create a topic in our Ranch-Office
J o u r n a l . A r c h i v e
Our previously published journals are available online at Java-Ranch-Journal